TV Masters covers all the existing and emerging ways brands can work with TV to deliver business success, focusing on the key skills and know-how you need to get the most out of today’s TV.
There are six video-based modules in all, totalling around 13 hours of learning. Each module is broken down into a number of manageable lessons, allowing you to progress at your own pace.
There’s also a test at the end of each module to solidify your learning, as well as a comprehensive reading list and downloadable decks of all the key slides.
1. All about viewing
Discover how the UK video landscape is evolving, what roles TV plays in viewers’ lives, and how video on demand has impacted viewing.
‣ The changing viewing landscape
‣ What drives our video viewing
2. All about ads
Focusing on TV’s role within the video advertising world, how it has changed over time, and how TV works for different categories.
‣ The changing video advertising landscape
‣ Advertising and attention
‣ Who advertises on TV
3. Planning and buying TV
All the theory, research and practical information required to plan and buy a TV campaign, plus best practice on judging campaign success.
‣ The fundamentals of planning and buying
‣ Planning part 1 - Identifying your audience
‣ Planning part 2 - Buying the right audiences
‣ Planning part 3 - The many roles of TV
‣ Planning part 4 - Ad lengths & laydown
‣ Planning part 5 - Ad placement & context
‣ Campaign analysis
4. Advertising effectiveness
Get to grips with the science of marketing effectiveness, media’s role in the story and why TV generates large business effects.
‣ The fundamentals of effectiveness
‣ How media drives effectiveness
‣ Understanding TV's effectiveness
‣ The role of creativity in effectiveness
‣ How to measure effectiveness
5. TV partnerships
Everything from TV sponsorships and promotions to product placement, licencing and advertiser funded programming.
‣ Different partnership opportunities
‣ The benefits of TV partnerships
‣ Making the most of partnerships
‣ Best in class TV partnership examples
6. Advanced TV advertising
Explore the rapidly developing world of data and tech-driven solutions and how they are shaping the future of TV advertising.
‣ All you need to know about advanced TV
‣ Measurement, buying and the wider video world
‣ How the broadcasters are innovating
‣ Best in class advanced TV examples