TV Masters covers all the existing and emerging ways brands can work with TV to deliver business success, focusing on the key skills and know-how you need to get the most out of today’s TV.
There are nine video-based modules in all, lasting between 1 and 2 hours each for a total of around 13 hours of learning. Each module is broken down into a number of manageable lessons, allowing you to progress at your own pace.
There’s also a test at the end of each module to solidify your learning, as well as a comprehensive reading list and downloadable decks of all the key slides.
1. All about viewing
Discover how the UK video landscape is evolving, the role TV plays in viewers’ lives, and how streaming has impacted viewing.
‣ The changing viewing landscape
‣ What drives our video viewing
2. All about ads
TV’s place in the video advertising world, how it’s changed over time, and how we should be planning across video to deliver maximum reach at the lowest budget.
‣ The changing video advertising landscape
‣ Advertising and attention
3. The principles of effectiveness
Get to grips with the fundamentals of advertising effectiveness and the science underpinning media’s contribution.
‣ The fundamentals of effectiveness
‣ How media drives effectiveness
4. Unlocking effectiveness
Get to grips with the science of marketing effectiveness, media’s role in the story and why TV generates large business effects.
‣ Understanding TV's effectiveness
‣ The role of creativity in effectiveness
‣ How to measure effectiveness
5. The strategic use of TV
Explore the many reasons that advertisers use TV and how that can differ by category and brand life stage.
‣ The many roles of TV advertising
‣ How TV’s role differs by category and life stage
6. TV buying
All the theory and practical information required to buy a TV campaign, how to optimise campaign delivery and assess its performance.
‣ The fundamentals of TV buying
‣ Optimising campaign delivery
‣ Campaign analysis
7. TV planning
All the knowhow you need to plan a successful TV campaign, covering audiences, campaign laydown and context.
‣ Identifying your audience
‣ Buying the right audience
‣ Ad lengths and laydown
‣ Ad placement and context
8. TV partnerships
Everything from TV sponsorships and promotions to product placement, licencing and advertiser funded programming.
‣ Different partnership opportunities
‣ The benefits of TV partnerships
‣ Making the most of partnerships
‣ Best in class TV partnership examples
9. Advanced TV advertising
Explore the rapidly developing world of data and tech-driven solutions and how they are shaping the future of TV advertising.
‣ What is advanced TV?
‣ Advanced TV toolkit
‣ How brands are using Advanced TV